This recipe is for the egg salad mix used to make deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches. Follow either recipe to make the egg salad mix. Use the mix to make a sweet sandwich spread for two party favorites. For a great party snack, make a deviled egg tray or serving egg salad mix on club crackers or cut sandwiches into small squares to maker finger food.
Tupperware® CrystalWave (Item #1160) Soup Cup
Tupperware® Measuring cups (Item #708)
9 raw, whole eggs (serves 18)
½ cup of sweet pickle relish
½ cup of Miracle Whip
- Boil 9 raw eggs in a pot for 20 minutes.
- Strain water from eggs.
- Remove eggs from boiling pot and place in a mixing bowl. Allow eggs to cool. For faster cooling, place bowl of eggs in the refrigerator.
- Peel shells from cooled boiled eggs.
- Rinse peeled eggs to clear of shell debris.
- Slice boiled eggs into halves and place them on the steamer seal. 18 halves fit perfectly on the steamer seal in the case that you do not have a deviled egg serving tray.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Place egg whites on steamer seal.
- Keep egg yolks in mixing bowl.
- Mash egg yolks into fine powder.
- Add sweet pickle relish and Miracle Whip to egg yolks.
- Stir egg yolk mixture until well belended.
- Fill egg whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle a red seasoning powder such as chili powder or seasoning salt to add color.
- OPTIONAL – use leftover egg salad mixture to make egg salad sandwiches.
Serve & Enjoy!
Serve with refreshing lemondae.
To order the dishes and or utensils used in this lesson, contact your Tupperware Consultant. If you do not have a Consultant, please contact the author.